About Me

My photo
moved to Saskatoon for 10 months in 1984....put down a tap root.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

widgets

I've had a weather widget on my home computer since I got it.  When I don't like its forecast - I google Environment Canada and let the two of them argue.

Adding the countdown widget was easy when I followed the instructions correctly (okay the 3rd time - blush) 

I guess the trick is being choosey - what do I really want to know so often that I want it on my desktop or browser opening page?  Too many widgets slow down the startup but some are very handy.  Since I spend half an hour outside between home and work, the weather is important to me.  I just did a little peeking at all the dashboard widgets for Mac users and there are some amazing options - I could calculate stuff to keep my acquarium's healthy or get pasta recipies endless possibilities.... I might never go outside again...umm then I could ditch that weather widget...;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment