About Me

My photo
moved to Saskatoon for 10 months in 1984....put down a tap root.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Community Walk

In recent years have really enjoyed using google maps to get directions to places - especially in the city.  It is so much easier than trying to write down directions from someone over the phone, "and then you take a right at the next intersection after Warman road," as a tourist I ALWAYS have a map in my tote bag and consult it a lot.  When people ask directions at the circ desk I find it really handy to be able to give them one of those simiple campus maps.

I found the community walk mapping tool fun to play with - tho when I attempted to create a path from my house to my favorite shops - it had me cutting through busy intersetions, and across people's yards - through their houses - sort of like the crow flies. (if crows really fly in straight lines which I doubt) - so I need to see if I am doing something wrong there.

No comments:

Post a Comment