About Me

My photo
moved to Saskatoon for 10 months in 1984....put down a tap root.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Podcasting and another book

Two birds with one Post. The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis has been recommended to me by two people and I picked it up on the weekend.  Like other readers I couldn't put it down except under great pressure.

So this winner of  Canada Reads this year has an interesting history.  It was podcast chapter by chapter, and then self published before it won the Leacock Medal.  So that was the podcast I headed for.  I managed to subscribe to in on  my I-google page but I find I am rather clumsy at doing more than directly downloading to the computer.

I love listening to recorded books when I am weaving or sewing etc. so this is an option which is easier than borrowing cd's from the public library and with none of the annoying skips one often encounters on library cd novels. I guess Terry Fallis could also be the poster boy for successful self publishing.

2 comments:

  1. Two small things. One, there should be a period after the word Post on the first line, and look for the word 'excepet' in the text. You should know better than to try to get by the grammar and spelling King!

    - G,D&R...
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye Spelling (and grammar) King. Thanx
    (when I grow up I want to be literate)

    ReplyDelete