About Me

My photo
moved to Saskatoon for 10 months in 1984....put down a tap root.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Keeping up with the books

This week's book was a recording read by the author and very well produced.  And well it should be - it is a great story has won a Newberry, a Hugo, and various other awards.

Neil Gaiman is a very creative writer and The Graveyard book is a terrific read.  I think my favorite thing about the recorded version was the use of a very nice version of  Danse Macabre as the theme music. Nice touch!

In other threads (bad pun) I have been posting, on the weekend I finished the peapod.  But I had to curtail knitting almost completely for this week because my wrists are making nasty little comments about such obsessive knitting, mousing on the computer and threatening an rsi if I am not more mindful.  So this week has been dedicated to more "wrist-friendly" activities.

but i HAD to finish the peapod before taking a break. Obsessions are like that.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely darling. How big is it? Looks about five inches, if I am remembering that staff plate correctly.

    ReplyDelete