About Me

My photo
moved to Saskatoon for 10 months in 1984....put down a tap root.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

last night's book

Last night Beth and I had the first of our annual little series of Chap Book workshops at Art Placement as part of their February paper and book making supply sale. This year we have been learning the Coptic stitch style of binding and this book was one of the samples I made a few weeks ago using up some of my stash of paper scraps. 
 

so far my favorite resource on a simple but elegant way to sew up a book  using the coptic stitch is a series of youtube clips by jaescala ( University of Wisconson Art Professor Jim Escalente )

It's wonderful to have such a great resource available online but it is really nice to get together on a cold winter night in a warm bright gallery with a dozen people and play together at learning how to do it.

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading about you and Chap Books on the university authors website yesterday. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete